Thursday 11 August 2016

My Varsity Final Project:Test level

So, as in all games we need a playable level.
Now this didn't need to be this completed but we wanted to give the Artist and the Musician a platform in which they can get a feel for what they will be working with.

I spent two days researching and prototyping level design and on the third day I pitched a "final" level to the team and they liked it. The level was done in Blender.

Note: the player controller is just the basic physics Unity FPV controller with the VR weapon...I needed something for the player to play with. How even...I do have a bit of a bug where if you run straight into the wall at high speed, there is a chance that you'd get stuck. An odd way to get out is turn to face the wall, walk back and fire the weapon.

Pictures:





Note: if you get stuck, and cant get free...just reload the page (the files should be buffered). Bad fix...but this is only a level demo. And yes, we know...getting stuck is frustrating.

So, that is the state of the level till thus far. Will do an update again on when I get the locomotion of the VR player down or the Artist/Musician delivers something.



Stage 2: VR prop                                                                                                                      Stage 4: Conclusion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trophy Project

So a family friend recently finished his 21th Cape Town Cycle Tour , which is quite the achievement. So I thought I'd make a trophy of s...